Terms and Conditions
By using this website to place an order with us, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Our store is hosted on Shopify inc. They provide us with the online e-comerce platform that allows us to sell our products to you. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us using the contact details below.
Information about us and how to contact us
• Who we are. We are The Ham & Cheese Company Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 5448897 and our office registered address is 1 Long Street, Tetbury, GL8 8AA. Our registered VAT number is 863728688
• How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us via the contact page on our website or by coming to Arch 10, Dockley Raod Industrial Estate, London, SE16 3SF
• How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
Our contract with you
When you place an order with us, your order is classed as an offer, which if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. Acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
Unfortunately, we are not able deliver orders to addresses outside the UK.
Products and their packaging may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only.
Your right to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us and we will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of your order, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will deliver all products as close to the delivery date requested by you as reasonably possible. We use an overnight courier for delivery to most of the UK. To some parts of Scotland and offshore islands, delivery can take longer.
Since most of our products are perishable it is always best if someone is available to receive and sign for the delivery, however, we can arrange for the couriers to leave the goods without a signature. For this reason we require all orders to provide an alternative delivery instruction.
If delivery is delayed then we or our courier company will contact you to let you know and we will attempt to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this and the delay is caused by an event outside our control we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
The product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or in accordance with the alternative delivery instruction you gave us or from the time when you collect it from us. You own the product once we have accepted your order and received payment in full.
We take great pride in the quality and condition of our cheese and charcuterie and it should reach you in the best possible condition. When you receive your order, please open it right away and inspect it. If you aren’t happy with what you find, please call us and if possible take some pictures. We will do our best to put it right. If you’d like a replacement order, we can send that out for you or if you would rather just have your money back, we can do that too.
If you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with the contract. Additionally, for some products bought online or over the telephone, you have a legal right to change your mind and cancel the contract within 14 days of delivery of the product. However, you do not have a right to change your mind in certain situations, for example, where the contract is for:
• perishable goods (this will include all cheese/ charcuterie products);
• Where you have a right to cancel a contract and you wish to do so, you simply need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to contact us by telephone on +44 (0)20 7 2317073 or by email.
If you cancel your Contract we will:
• refund you the price you paid for the products. However, we may reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the products caused by your mishandling of them.
• refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
• make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days after the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.
We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may not copy or reproduce part or all of the contents of the website in any form including, without limitation, its incorporation into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work (whether hard copy, electronic or other) without our express permission
Changes to the website
We may update our website and these terms and conditions from time to time, and may change the content at any time. We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.